Happy St. Patrick’s Day to you!! Thought we would include a recipe in this post for Corned Beef and Cabbage! Yummy!!
Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Place corned beef in large pot or Dutch oven and cover with water. Add the spice packet that came with the corned beef. Cover pot and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer approximately 50 minutes per pound or until tender.
- Add whole potatoes, onion, garlic and carrots, and cook until the vegetables are almost tender. Add cabbage and cook for 15 more minutes. Remove meat and let rest 15 minutes.
- Place vegetables in a bowl and cover. Add as much broth (cooking liquid reserved in the Dutch oven or large pot) as you want. Slice meat across the grain.
- If you enjoy a little sweet with your meat, then mix 1/4 cup mustard with 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar together and spread over the meat. Place meat on a cookie sheet and glaze the meat under the broiler for 5 minutes or so. Then slice and serve.
- Some like a spicy sauce with their Corned Beef.
3/4 cup mayonnaise
3/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons jarred grated horseradish (with liquid)
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
2 teaspoons kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
K.R and T.L.
International link for Fateful Night – http://dld.bz/cJc8C
International link for Darkest Day – http://dld.bz/dpPTS